Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Gaithersburg
You realize you have to safeguard your home. Above all else, it’sthe haven where your family lives and is where you keep your possessions. But what is the right type of home secuirty? Determining if you should use 24-hour monitoring is one of the leading choices you will make. Examine the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Gaithersburg and get a better idea of what’s right for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose 24-hour monitoring, your home security system bridges to a third-party monitoring service that is set to act at a moment’s notice. When an entrypoint sensor triggers or a fire alarm starts to sound, your monitoring agents get an instant warning. They will work quickly to validate the alarm and contact the applicable first responders.
On the contrary, an unmonitored system doesn’t come with professional support. You might think of this to be self-monitoring, meaning that if your alarm goes off, you have to take action to get it resolved. This choice is the more affordable route, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Gaithersburg
Here’s a quick breakdown of the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having a backup in place is always smart. If you are away from home, sleeping, or without access to your phone, your property and its occupants will still be watched over.
- Speedier response times: Monitoring professionals are always ready. They’ll respond quicker to alarms than you can by yourself.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security might make you eligible for a discount on your home insurance premium.
- Superior equipment and seamless integration: By getting hardware, installation, and monitoring from a respected home security specialist, you will gain access to a fully connected system with devices that may be superior to what you will discover independently.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Expense: There is a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Typically required to use professional installation: Numerous people would prefer to have work taken care of by skilled professionals, but some do-it-yourselfers might want to do it by themselves.
- Required to sign a contract: You will typically have to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This may be agreeable for numerous residents as home security is a service you will want indefinitely.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Gaithersburg
Here’s a short rundown of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Price: You won’t have a monitoring charge.
- Install on your own: DIYers could consider this a benefit as they can handle the installation themselves and not have an installation expense. Other residents may wish to use an experienced technician.
- More Flexibility: You may integrate components whenever you desire - and from your choice of manufacturer. Taking that into account, you may find integrating into a cohesive system a challenge.
- Control: There won’t be anyone else monitoring your system. If something happens, you’re in control of getting help.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What if you’re away from your smartphone and don’t receive a security notification? This situation equates to more stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Requires your full attention: As you are the sole person in control, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- No assistance hooking up the system: If you need a helping hand during the installation, you might have to pay for someone else. The installation is also likely to be slower.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In Gaithersburg
Get the 24/7 support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Gaithersburg from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re certain you’ll agree that a cohesive, monitored system is the ideal option for you. Contact (301) 278-8866 today to speak with our security experts.