Security cameras can simply be installed as a warning—something that informs burglars or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can optimize your video surveillance to tighten your home’s defenses.
Luckily, the latest security cameras come outfitted with an array of additions all built to provide all-encompassing protection for your residence. Whether it’s 2-way talk and recording functionality or infrared night vision and fast action motion detection, these features enable you to utilize the most from video surveillance in Gaithersburg.
How To Set Up Your Gaithersburg Home Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
Mounting your security cameras on the ideal points around your home is the best place to begin with home security.. Interior security cameras need to be placed in common rooms such as the kitchen or family room. It’s also a good notion to have a camera looking at main doors, stairs, or other transitional areas thieves would have to move around to get to the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras ideally provide a clear sightline of your front door, drive, front and yards, shed, and other exterior detached constructions, like sheds. You can always get a view of your main entryway with a subtle doorbell camera.
There are areas inside your interior that aren’t quite as vital to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Seclusion for you and your family ought to be a major regard prior to installing a security device in a bedroom.. Consider adding window or motion detectors if you desire some type of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Elevate Security Cameras
Camera placement is only the foundation for getting the most from home security cameras in Gaithersburg. The additions described below help to elevate security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: Get automatic messages on your mobile device whenever strange motion is sensed. You can also set cameras to begin recording when motions are detected which will boost camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Program your video surveillance to film and save clips for easy viewing at your convenience.
- 2-way talk: Nearly all of today’s security cameras include a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually speak to guests via the unit. With your security app, you can make it seem you’re inside or greet your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera the lens can see, allows for a more complete look at an area. Look for cameras that have at least 120-degree coverage or that are able to pan all the way around for superior visibility.
- Infrared vision: Make sure your home security cameras come with either LED or infrared sensors that can produce clips of pitch black movement.
- Activity zones: To make security notifications more exact, program activity zones. For example, you can configure your exterior camera to alert you of movement taking place on your yard or your porch and overlook traffic passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Security app: app, like ADT Control®, empower you to live-stream camera feeds, direct cameras, power or disengage the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app can send timely notifications when the detect unusual motion around your house.
Get Your Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your security cameras in Gaithersburg is more simple. From rapid motion detection to 2-way audio, your home security rises from just a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (301) 278-8866 or fill out the form below to get started customizing your home security system today.