The latest smart security options are becoming more capable every year. But, unfortunately, it’s still easy to neglect to complete easy security duties like arming your a home security system, lowering the garage door, or even securing your front door.
What if you never had to concern yourself with these things ever again? When utilizing geofencing in Gaithersburg, you don’t have to.
What is Geofencing In Gaithersburg For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual border a set distance from your property, which you can customize within your smartphone app. This convenient tool then utilizes your cell phone to determine when you go beyond the border and then triggers your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart devices take advantage of to share information with other connected equipment. This technological advancement aids your security system by grouping all devices onto the same network. You can set up specific boundaries along the perimeter of your home and designate what actions you want to take place if you move beyond the boundary.
To illustrate, shortly after you exit your driveway, you can set your security system to lock doors, close the garage, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing will alert your system to disable the alarm, open the garage, activate lighting, and even adjust your smart thermostat.
Below are some of the components you will be able to command with geofencing:
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Various electronics like TVs or appliances
● Garage door sensors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are All Possible With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is just one way to use your home security system in Gaithersburg. When accessing the security app, you can do a lot with automation. Just tap the app interface, and you can:
● Enable Scheduling: arrange your smart components to engage at predetermined times. Have your lights start to turn down to indicate that it's bedtime, or disengage your home’s alarm the first thing in the morning.
● Manage how devices interact: Make particular components engage in response to a triggered event. Instruct your thermostat to turn on the connected fan when a smoke detector goes off. Or illuminate your hallway lighting when your security camera detects abnormal activity around your property.
● Set a scene: Create custom room scenes with components that operate in unison. Make your lighting turn off, the temperature go down, and the smart door locks bolt when the day is done. Or set the mood for movie night with the right light and HVAC levels.
● Protect your home with geofencing: There may be times when you fail to set your alarm system as you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing functionality and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and lower the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Gaithersburg
Whether you desire additional reassurance of a safe, secure home whenever you go to work or you want to explore your home automation options, geofencing can help. Contact one of our representatives today at (301) 278-8866 or submit the form on this page to get started on your perfect security system.