Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Gaithersburg? Generally, there are three primary areas of the home for camera installations: your main entry, the exterior space around your home, and select interior spaces. Although your security installer will be able to suggest where you should install, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Always Defend Your Front Door
Even though it may seem crazy that an intruder would make an effort to just walk in the front door, 34% of intrusions occur at this obvious access point. You also have package thieves among other risks to consider. A video doorbell is perfect to handle all of these possibilities with an HD, wide angle lens.
Doorbell cameras are even more beneficial as you can chat with all guests who approach and engage the doorbell. Through your mobile application, like ADT Control, you have the option to respond to every ring with two-direction audio and real-time footage and look like you’re home. When someone begins doing something criminal, you will have your video surveillance instantly document the event on video and send it to your cell phone through a text.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your Exterior Video Surveillance
Where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home can be a daunting assignment. Thankfully, there are some useful suggestions to help ensure your home is well protected.
- Corners of your Gaithersburg house allow for an impressive field-of-view, as you can see two segments of your yard.
- Right under an eave or directly into a bit of trim or siding are perfect spots for security cameras as they will be partially concealed by your home.
- Over your garage, because the garage door is an easier access point for intruders than you might believe!
- Above a deck or back door -- or any entrance not visible from the street.
In each of these spots, be sure to cut back any brush and branches that could obscure the camera’s view.
Suggestions To Enjoy The Highest Level of Performance From Your Interior Video Equipment
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras within your property in Gaithersburg. But the additional flexibility results in there being other installation variables to consider:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: Even though you should make sure your windows are down and latched, the sunshine that enters via a window may cause glare and affect your surveillance footage. Aim the front of your camera away from direct sunlight to eliminate this problem.
- Utilize Height: In the same fashion as a guard tower, a video camera installed in an elevated area will produce a more panoramic view. Try placing your cameras on top of tall pieces of furniture or attached to the ceiling.
- Prevent Access by Children and Pets: Your video equipment won’t be able to safeguard your home if it’s broken. Set your devices in a spot where kids and your furry friends have no ability to mess with them. Consider mounting or other ways of attaching them to ensure they don’t crash to the ground if inadvertently knocked into.
- Use Plants and Decor to Your Advantage: The top video camera won’t do much good if there is a decorative item or plant blocking the view. But it’s important to note, decor or foliage can also serve as a means to cloak your recording devices. Just ensure they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and security devices, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Let us customize the right package for your whole house -- defending every square foot. Dial (301) 278-8866 or submit the form below to get started.